This post may make me come across as somewhat bratty, but my b-day is coming around sometime in the not so distant future and I’ve been lusting after a few high end items for several months now (or longer). So, I decided it might be fun to share my Birthday Beauty Wishlist with you guys. I’m not gonna lie, what really motivated me to write this post was creating my first Polyvore Set? Board? List? Whatever you call it. I just joined the site a few days ago and there’s not much on there, but if you want to check out my account my profile name is Kimmy Beauty Isles. I suppose it’s a lot like Pinterest, though I’ve never used that either, except you can shop on Polyvore. Not through a third party like you would with Luvocracy but directly from whatever company’s site the image comes from. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works, but don’t quote me. Incidentally, I also have Luvocracy account but honestly haven’t done much with it since initially signing up. Don’t know how I feel about it yet. If you guys have Polyvore or Luvocracy profiles, be sure to share so I can check you out! Anyway, tangent, back to the wishlist…
I’ve not owned many Chanel products and currently there are only two in my collection, my beloved Le Volume de Chanel (reviewed here) and the limited edition Les Beiges Multi-Color 01 (reviewed here). In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever owned a blush or lipstick by the brand. I’ve decided that that needs to change. Here’s what I’d like to start out with (I’ve listed the price of these items in USD, GBP, as well as BSD (Bahamian Dollar), if known):
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Shade 20 Beige ($45.00 USD/£33.00 GBP) – I’ve been lusting after this foundation since its release. Three or four samples later and I’m fairly sure I absolutely love it!
- Chanel Joues Contrast Powder Blush ($45.00 USD/£31.00 GBP) – I’d like Innocence (160) just because it’s new for Fall. But I am not 100% sure the Fall Collection will be coming to The Bahamas, so I’d settle for Emotion (87) or Rose Ecrin (68).
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ($35.00 USD/£25.00 GBP) – Again, one of the Fall 2014 colors such Aura (96) would be nice, but pending availability, I think I’d like to start with the shade Boy (54).
- Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Long Wear Lip Color ($35.00 USD/£26.00 GBP) -I’m not exactly sure what colour I’d like in this formula, but given that the Coco Shines are so so sheer, I’d like to compare them to a more “intense” offering from Chanel.
Bobbi Brown is another brand whose products I rarely purchase/use. I think I would like at least one lipstick to get my feet wet with the brand. I recently swatched Rum Raisin and Pink Mauve which, again, seem like great options going into Fall/Autumn (don’t you love how I keep talking about seasons that don’t exist in The Bahamas, lol).
Now when it comes to YSL, I do have a few lippies, but it couldn’t hurt to have more, right?
- YSL Rouge Volupte (Lipstick) ($35.00 USD/$31.00 BSD) – With Summer almost over, and holiday brain threatening to slowly take over as we get closer to December, the bright red of a colour like Red Muse (17) is calling to me.
- YSL Gloss Volupte (Lip Gloss) ($35.00 USD/$31.00 BSD) – Never tried the regular gloss formula, the dark richness of Prune Organdi (104) and surprisingly neutral, muted tones of Rose Orfevre (19), though very different, both look lovely for Fall.
Some new makeup brushes. I can’t remember the last time I spent more than a few dollars on a brush, these are the two I’m currently dreaming of:
- Bobbi Brown Bronzing Brush ($54.00 USD) – Probably an unnecessary luxury splurge, but I’ve heard so many good things about it, I want to try for myself.
- MAC #239 Small Shading Brush ($25.00 USD/BSD)- This is a more practical choice. I’m in need of some denser flat brushes to pack the shadow on. 🙂
Yes, it may seem excessive, but I suppose it’s call a “wishlist” for a reason. Also, sad, sad story, but my Clarisonic went kaput last night, so I should have probably added that to my wish list as well? I don’t think I’ve reached the acceptance stage as yet and am still in denial
Moving on….I hope you guys have enjoyed this little list of lustful luxuries I’ve been eyeing. Are any of you celebrating anything soon? What’s on your wishlist? Beauty or otherwise?
All products mentioned are featured in the Birthday Beauty Wishlist Image created with Polyvore. Where the shades/colours mentioned were not the same as the image, I’ve included links in the text to the brand sites featuring those items (these are not affiliate links).