In this month’s beauty empties we have the usual: makeup, skincare, body care and hair care. Let’s sift through the trash, shall we? My empty products and mini reviews! I will either place a (Y) for yes, (N) for no or (M) for maybe to indicate whether or not I will repurchase/purchase.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara (M) (Deluxe Sample): I like the They’re Real Mascara but it’s not a massive favourite. I have another deluxe mini that I am working on at the moment but I don’t think I’d purchase the full size (For those of you in the U.K., right now Boots is giving away a free BadGal Lash with the purchase of two Benefit products).
- BareMinerals Marvelous Moxy LipGloss in Rebel (M) (Deluxe Sample): This was in my June favourites. It’s a great all around cream finish mauve-pink gloss that pairs well with many pink lipsticks.
- Benefit Gimme Brow (Y): LOVE, LOVE. Cannot live without. I will probably do a round-up of my brow products sometime in the coming weeks.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (N) (Sample Packet): This silicone based primer is alright, not my favorite.
- *Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream in Light/Medium (M) (Sample Packet): I was surprised by how much I liked this. It’s a nice light weight BB cream for days you’re not looking for too much coverage. Only thing that sucks is that it only comes in two shades.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (Y): Always a repurchase. See full review here.
- *African Botanics Marula Cleasing Oil (M): It took two packets to remove all of my make-up but I kind of liked these, more so for how my skin felt afterward – though it does sting the eyes a bit.
- *Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 50 (Y): See full review here.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil(M): This is just O.K. I was using in the winter when I was in New York but since moving back home, I used the remainder as a cuticle treatment.
- Sephora Brand Cleansing Cloths Travel Pack (N): It might be just the travel-size pack but I didn’t find these to be moist enough and far too small in size to comfortably wipe your face.
- Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julep (Y): I enjoy these lip scrubs though I often forget to use them!
- *Yes To Tomatoes Blemish Clearing Facial Towelettes (Y): Always a staple especially in the Summer. They have a good size, density and moisture level.
- *Murad Clarifying Clenaser(Y): This was in my June Favorites. I love Murad and the cleansers in their Acne/Anti-Aging line. This leaves your skin feeling fresh and tingly in a good way.
- *Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes (Y): Another staple, always in rotation, this was a travel size.
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (N): This was a no frills, gentle enough cleanser that gets the job done but it stung by eyes.
- Origins Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating (Toning) Lotion (M): It was a nice non-irritating toner/treatment lotion but didn’t do anything spectacular for my skin.
- Dial Himalayan Pink Salt Body Wash(Y): LOVED the smell of this, it’s not the most moisturizing but not at all drying. Really liked this.
Bath and Body Works French Lavender & Honey Body Wash (Y): I like the subtle, relaxing not too sweet smell of this.
Gillette Men’s Body Wash (Y): This is what my boyfriend buys when he runs out of his beloved C.O. Bigalow White Elixir.
*C.O. Bigalow White Elixir Men’s Body Wash and Lotion (Y): Absolutely divine scent for men or women! If you ever have a chance to smell this it’s a must.
Versace Bright Crystal Fragrance and Matching Body Products (M): I really enjoyed this and it’s a great Summer scent – may consider it again in the future. I got this set as a gift from a friend last year.
Dessert Essence Organics Body Lotion in Vanilla Chai Latte (M): Loved the smell of this, a nice, spicy Fall scent, but it was a bit difficult to work into the skin.
Dove Rejuvenating Hand Cream (N): I think this made my hands more dry!
CVS Hand Sanitizer (Y): Not much to say, did it’s job.
Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer (Y): I believe this was a Winter Scent, these sanitizers are my favourite.
*Philosophy Soul Owner (Y): This was a travel size but I have owned the full size in the past. Although it’s expensive, I really enjoy this foot lotion/treatment. It absorbs quickly and leaves my feet feeling soft.
Hair Care and Miscellaneous:
*Alterna UV+ Color Protection Deep Hydration Hair Mask (Y): This is like my third or fourth sample packet of this and although I don’t have colour-treated hair, I really liked how this made my hair feel healthy and soft but not weighed down (I may pick up the full size as it’s currently on offer for 40% off on BeautyBar)
Agave Oil Treatment (M): Although only one is featured here, I’ve actually had three sample packets of this hair oil. Despite the rave reviews I’ve heard, I’m still on the fence.
Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave-In Moisturizer (M): I have curly hair that is super frizzy. This did a decent job of softening my curls and taming the frizz somewhat.
Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand washes (Y): Love, will always re-purchase.
Deva-Curl Mister-Light (N): This is meant to add moisturize and refresh curls. I didn’t notice a difference when I used it.
Deva-Curl Set It Free (N): Again, a lot of curly hair girls seem to like the Deva-Curl line, but this just didn’t do anything for me. Granted, I have mega-frizzy hair.
Tigi Bed Head Control Freak (N): I couldn’t wait to finish this jumbo size. It didn’t do anything for my hair and made it feel dry.
Whew! I feel like I always have a ton of empties. What have you guys been using up? Any gems discovered?
All products featured in this post were purchased by the author with the author’s own money. All opinion’s are the author’s own honest opinions. Affiliate links are marked with a “*”. See Disclaimer here for more information.
All items featured in this post were purchased by the author unless otherwise noted. Any products or services provided as PR will be marked with an asterisk "*". This website uses Skimlinks and this post may contain affiliate links.