It’s that time again! July Monthly Favorites (2014) are here and right now, I am exhausted, lol. This month is a bit shorter than last month as I am still using some of the same products. Dispensing with the unnecessary chit chat, here we go:
- Covergirl TruMagic Skin Perfector – Great for touch-ups. I like to dab this on areas of my face where my foundation may have broken down during the day. See review here.
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer – A cult favorite that has that status for a reason. I use this stunning champagne-beige highlighter when I don’t know what other highlighter to use. It pairs well with almost any other colours you may have going on and imparts the most luminous glow.
- Stila Bronzing Balm – Magic. See review here.
- Benefit Rockateur – Again, this is what I reached for most this month when I didn’t know what else to wear. It is neutral enough rose gold that pairs well with anything. I wore a lot of bold lips this month and always used this to balance things out.
- My MAC eye shadow palette – I’ve been building this baby for a while now. One shadow is missing because it was actually a Makeup Geek shadow that I removed and planned to replace with a MAC matte highlight shade (already purchased in recent haul). The palette is too much to swatch for the purposes of this post, but I may have a MAC eye shadow collection coming up soon. 🙂
- MAC Lip Glass in Lychee Luxe – This is a stunning coral colour with shimmer. I’ve been mostly wearing coral lipsticks this month but have switched up the brand so no clear favorite. But this gloss has paired well with all of them. See the haul and swatch here.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Tropper (Black): My Holy Grail liquid liner. I prefer a pen type application when it comes to liquid liner. The brush on this is flexible yet sturdy, smooth, fine, precise and comfortable. The formula is the blackest black (the one I swatched is three months old). It does not budge and stays all day until I remove it with makeup remover. This is just a fantastic product. The size featured here is a deluxe sample but I’ve own two prior to this. Second to this is my Stilal liquid liner.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner in Smog -This is lovely bronzed liner for the Summer that I pair with a lot of neutral looks when I want something easy and less bold than liquid liner.
Some of My Make-up Favorites – Swatches
Social Media Favorites:
If you weren’t smiling before, you surely will be smiling after you watch Sarah over at Not Your Typical Doll Face. I love her energy, outlook on life and her three points of positivity that she shares with us at the end of all of her videos. Her reviews are always wonderful and informative, but her foundation reviews are my favorite.
I was introduced to Trisha over at AGlitteryLife last year by another favorite Youtuber of mine. She is a sweet, funny and sassy beauty and makeup artist with tons of great information to share. Among many other things, Trisha always has the latest scoop on what’s new at NARS.
Elle over at ElleSeesBlogSpot is an established blogger who focuses on a range of topics beyond beauty reviews and tutorials. She features a lot of drugstore beauty finds in her “Cheap Treats” posts and her Beauty DIY series are a must read. Her content addresses speaks to those at all beauty levels, though she does pay special attention to those looking for a quick beauty routine.
Lucie at Fatbeautyx is another plus-sized beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger that I’ve come to admire and respect. She’s not afraid to talk about the “hard” topics and is willing to share her personal beauty experience in a real way with her readers. I love her! Plus she’s got wicked style.
Silke Laura at LauraLondonBlog is a complete sweetheart. This Belgian beauty is friendly, welcoming and refreshing. I have truly enjoyed her blog and our interactions over the past few months. Her Beauty Bag Series posts are always a treat and she inspires me to break out the bold lips.
What draws me to Helen‘s Blog a.k.a. Lola of LolasSecretBeautyBlog is her style, approach and philosophy toward beauty. Her academic training in Art and Art History lends itself to an interpretation that is unique as it is appealing to the intellectual in all of us. I love her skincare reviews which are always thoughtful and informative.
It was a little later in the month that I discovered Gyudy‘s blog, GyudyNotesofBeauty, but it has become a fast favorite. Gyudy is Italian and although she posts in English, I love how she ensures that the content of her blog is bilingual by included Italian translation. She features great beauty reviews and always engages with her readers.
That’s it for this month. Please let me know if you’ve tried out any of the products featured. Also, if you happen to visit any of my Social Media Favs, which I highly encourage, please tell them Kimmy from Beauty Isles says “Hello”. To see my favorites from last month, check out this post.
Please share your favorites, beauty, social media or otherwise, in the comment section below. Look forwarding to hearing about what you guys have been loving!
All products featured purchased by the author. The thoughts and opinions expressed are the author’s alone. Post contains some affiliate links. The author is not affiliated with any of the blogs/you-tube channels mentioned nor have they sponsored or asked for endorsement by this blog in anyway and vice-versa. The author simply enjoys reading the above mentioned blogs/you-tube channels and wanted to share the love. For more information see Disclaimer here.
All items featured in this post were purchased by the author unless otherwise noted. Any products or services provided as PR will be marked with an asterisk "*". This website uses Skimlinks and this post may contain affiliate links.