Hey guys, it’s beauty empties time again. This month I have tons as compared to last month. So, I’m skipping my usual wordiness. Let’s just get into it. Oh wait, I lied. There weren’t many products in the May Empties, so I didn’t think about it at the time. But as it seems there is much more this month (and quite possibly in future months), for the sake of conciseness, going forward with the empties posts I will either place a (Y) for yes, (N) for no or (M) for maybe to indicate whether or not I will repurchase (or purchase as the case may be) the item (i.e. if I like it). Oh, and ladies and gentleman, I am human so sometimes I change my mind. 🙂
- Clarins UV HP PLUS SPF 40 (M)- See review here.
- Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 (M) – See review here.
- Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector (N) – This was just a deluxe sample, but didn’t notice any difference.
- Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Eye Treatment (M) – This was a good. fairly moisturizing eye cream.
- Sephora Face Masks (Y) – Really like these. See review here.
- Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate (M) – I used this while travelling, quite liked it.
- Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water (Y) – Love this for removing makeup. Works well as a mild cleanser when you skin is acting up.
- Mario Badescu Soothing and Healing Mask (Y) – Would totally buy a full size of this, great to calm your skin after a break-out.
- Philosophy Take a Deep Breathe Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer (M) – Really oily girls/guys will love this but it wasn’t quite hydrating enough for me. I was using it at night, maybe that’s why. It would probably be great for the day but I like a moisturizer with spf.
- Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Cleansing Cloths (Y) – Love! See review here.
- Guerlain Phenomenon Mascara (N): Don’t know if the full size would be different, but didn’t like this at all. The little wand “ball” was weird to use and did nothing but clump up my lashes.
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Sparking (M): This was a mini. I really liked how the nude shimmer looked on the the lips, but always forgot to use it and it is now expired. It is really similar to NARS lip gloss in Orgasm.
- Buxom Lash Mascara Blackest Black (N): This did nothing for my lashes. I would sometimes use it to separate clump lashes but I found the wand far to wide and bristles too short.
- Dior Hydra Life BB Cream SPF 30 (M): This was alright, I didn’t notice anything spectacular but only had a sample packet.
- Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Foundation (Y): See review here.
- Stila Prime Pot in Taffy (M): This is similar to to the MAC version. I have another deluxe sample and would consider purchasing.
- Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris/Black (Y): For $2.99 USD this can’t be beat. I find it just as good as more expensive versions. Semi-matte finish.
- Dove Pistachio Cream with Magnolia Body Wash(Y): There was much hype around this. I thought it was nice, smelled great and was moisturizing but not a dupe for the Laura Mercier Pistachio line.
- B&BW Foaming Hand Washes in Honolulu Sun and Wild Berry Freesia (Y): Household staple. These scents were nice, particularly Honolulu Sun.
- B&BW Aromatherapy Stress Relief Body wash in Eucalyptus Tea (Y): Love, have repurchased many times. This is great after a long work day.
- The Body Shop Body Washes in Raspberry and Papaya: (M): I don’t think these are still available but I would consider repurchasing as these smell true to scent and not artificial.
- L’Occitane Almond Shower Oil (Y): This is the best sweet almond smell. I would use this on days I could predict my impending laziness and could forgo applying lotion after a shower.
- C.O. Bigalow White Elixir Body Wash (Y): My boyfriend and I love these. Get it if you want your man (or woman) to smell irresistible.
- C.O. Bigalow White Elixir Men’s Body Lotion (Y): Ditto.
- The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter (M): Loved the scent, really smells of papaya but had a hard time rubbing this in. Haven’t had this problem before, maybe I got a dud?
- B&BW Body Lotion in Beautiful Day (N): Like these lotions especially for Summer but this scent was too floral for me.
- L’Oreal Advanced Haircare Total Repair Extreme Split Ends Fixer(N): I didn’t really notice that this did anything. I found I used it up quickly.
- L’oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm(Y): Leaves hair soft and moisturized. An affordable alternative to more expensive masks. I’ve also been liking my Hibiscus Hair Oil Treatment.
- Living Proof Style Extender (M): Got three uses out of this sample, felt like it cut down blow dry time and helped with frizz a bit. Not sure if I would purchase, never keep my style for more than a day or two anyway.
- Zoya Nail Polish Remover (Y): Love this stuff. Other than using pure acetone, this takes off glitter polish like a dream.
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (Y): One of my favorite fast drying top coats. Only downside is that it gets gloopy after a while. In all fairness, I had this one opened for over 6 months.
- Jo Malone sample in Lime Basil & Mandarin (M): I got this little sample when I purchased Jo Malone Silk Blossom (see post about it here). Lime Basil & Mandarin is a fresh, masculine smell that I quite like.
- Pampers Baby Wipes (Y): Great for removing swatches and keeping hands clean while applying makeup.
- CVS Cotton Rounds (Y): I used these mostly for toner.
- Shiseido Facial Cotton (Y): Once you use these to remove your eye makeup, there’s no going back. Unfortunately you can longer buy them in The Bahamas. They are usually $9 bucks but if you are desperate you can find them on Amazon for a bit of a markup. Though I’ve heard that the Cotton Clouds are a more affordable alternative.
What products have you guys used up this month? Any favorites? Surprises?
The product(s) mentioned were purchased with the author’s own money. The thoughts and opinions expressed are the author’s alone. The author does not accept payment in exchange for a positive review. Post contains some affiliate links. For more information see Disclaimer here.