Hey guys! Today is a bonus post to share some exciting news. I was nominated by lovely Italian beauty Gyudy of Notes of Beauty for a Liebster Award!
First I want to thank Gyudy for thinking of my little blog and nominating me for this award! I am truly touched and grateful. The Liebster Award is a great way to discover new blogs and share the love among great new blogs you’ve come across.
O.K. Let’s get down to business. According to Gyudy, there are more than one set of these Award rules floating around. Based on her post, I sort of meshed them together and these are the rules I’ve followed:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- List up to 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions posted by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers. (*Note: Like Gyudy I did not stick too strictly to the 200 followers rule as another set of rules states 1100 followers, so I just kind of tried to stick to the 200’ish range. Also, some rules have said to nominate 11 bloggers, some say 5-11, so I just went with something in between.)
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer & let them know you have nominated them.
- I love cheese even though I suspect I am slightly lactose intolerant, the stinkier the better!
- I used to work primarily for non-profits.
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for longer than some people have been married.
- I love spicy food – like burn your tongue off spicy.
- I prefer to eat fish with the head attached.
- I realise that a lot of these facts are about food.
- My family hails from almost every Continent (sorry, no Australians…well, if you want to count through marriage twice removed, then there is one).
- I speak 2 languages fairly properly and maybe about 1/20 of two others.
- I grind my teeth.
- I need to visit the dentist soon.
- I get really, really sad – hysterical like- when they kill off old people in movies.
My answer to Gyudy’s questions are:
- Where are you from? – The Bahamas
- What’s your favorite kind of music? – Being from the islands, I do like my Soca, Reggae, Dancehall, etc but, really, I enjoy & listen to all types of music (besides maybe country, sorry, nothing against it but just not something I listen to).
- Do you wear makeup every day? Yes (except when I am sick and occasionally I’ll skip a weekend day like Sunday)
- Who’s your favorite writer? Hemingway. Of course he was a great writer but it’s more of a love/hate thing. I used to write fiction in college and a “critique” that I often received was that my writing was too wordy. In fact, one person said it was like candy. This view point was echoed in some of my other non-writing courses. My Politics Professor was always trying to get me to construct shorter sentences. Point is, whenever I was the recipient of such critiques, Hemingway always came to mind. I both strived for, yet resisted, his direct, to point, style.
- Are you a coffee drinker? Yes. Multiple times a day in multiple expressions whether it be filtered (well, I use a French Press) or espresso.
- What is your favorite beauty product in your possession? I tried to think of something colourful and exciting. I do have many items that I love so I had to really think about something that has made a huge impact as of late and it has to be my Chanel Le Volume Mascara!
- What’s your favorite movie? Imitation of Life
- Do you prefer your eyes or your lips to be the main focus of your makeup? Eyes. I wanted to cheat and say that it depends, but probably Eyes win by a slight margin.
- Are you happy with your skincare routine at the moment? Not completely. I have many products that really work for me, but haven’t found my ULTIMATE routine yet!
- What’s your favourite animal? It’s a toss-up between Dolphins and Dogs.
- What’s your biggest fear? Oh this is a toughy. Disapointment. Being disappointed and disappointing others.
My questions are:
- Where did you grow up?
- What’s your favourite place to visit?
- What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen, done or heard?
- Are you good a something you don’t like?
- Who is your hero?
- What beauty product hasn’t been invented yet that you think is totally needed?
- Wine: Red or White?(if you are of age, of course. Otherwise, orange or cranberry?)
- What is your favourite pastime, other than blogging?
- What has been the greatest surprise of your life so far?
- Lipstick – bright & bold or nude & subtle?
- What qualities do you admire in another person?
Some of the blogs I wanted to nominate had already been nominated for the award. So, I tried not to repeat but if I did, I sincerely apologise (Silk Laura, I know you were already nominated a few days ago but I just had to give you a shout out as well!).
My wonderful nominees are:
- Connect the Cloths
- Ella Was Here
- Everyday in Grace
- Laura London Blog
- Little Miss Katy
- Oddly Lovely
- Ruby Sapphire
Nominees, don’t forget to link your post in the comments section below! I’ve been enjoying all of your blogs so much!
All items featured in this post were purchased by the author unless otherwise noted. Any products or services provided as PR will be marked with an asterisk "*". This website uses Skimlinks and this post may contain affiliate links.