A few weeks back I was nominated by my lovely friend and blogging buddy, Gyudy of Gyudy’s Notes of Beauty, for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Like other nominations/tags of this nature, the point is to share the love with bloggers you’ve connected with since starting your blogging journey. The idea of this particular nomination is to thank people you’ve met through blogging.
Now when I did my Liebster Award Post last month, I was a youngin’ blogger (of course, I still am), but I came to realise that not everyone is into these “tag” type of posts for a variety of reasons. And that’s 100% cool. For the immediate future, I will continue to do them from time to time because I’m grateful to the people who’ve nominated me, they are a great way to “force” myself the share more through answering the questions and they are a mechanism through which to shine the spotlight on other bloggers I admire. When it comes to nominating others, I thought about trying to avoid nominating those bloggers that I know are not into this type of stuff. But that may not always be practical, neither preferable for a number of reasons – plus I don’t want to mistakenly overlook someone. And then I thought about not nominating anyone at all – but that didn’t sit right with me either.
So, I’ve just decided to go ahead and nominate bloggers which capture the spirit of whatever philosophy is behind the particular nomination/award I’m addressing, and leave it to them to decide what it is they wish to do. Of course, it’s always their decision. What I mean is – no pressure and no expectations. No acknowledgement required, I take absolutely no offense. And nobody else should either! Everyone just do you!
The “rules” of the Sisterhood Nomination are (I am not “requiring” that anyone do any of these):
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo onto your blog
- Answer the 10 questions they have set you
- Set 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 bloggers
The questions Gyudy asked:
- When did you start blogging? May 22nd, 2014.
- When was the first time you wore makeup in public? 8th grade.
- What’s your job? If I tell you, I’ll have to kill you (just kidding) 😀
- Where are you from? The Bahamas
- How old are you? 34
- What’s your favourite thing to buy beauty wise? Lipstick.
- What’s your first makeup memory? Black eyeliner, lots of it. And cakey powder.
- What’s your favourite food? Curry. Anything.
- Do you go to the gym or train at home/outside? If you do! These days, home, when I actually do.
- Tell me about your favourite music. I like pretty much all types of music. But I will say that lyrics probably strike me more than the instrumentals (maybe it’s the “writer” in me).
I’ve decided to just add two questions and those who choose to do this can replace two of Gyudy’s questions with these two, just answer the two I’ve asked, not answer any at all etc. It’s total anarchy today, people. Lol. Oh and so sorry if you’ve been nominated already! Again, no pressure, no expectations. The questions I’m asking:
- What has been your proudest moment?
- Who do you admire most in this world?
This particular “award” has no stipulations about blog size so I didn’t follow any. My nominees/blogging buddies are:
As I know for a fact she was already nominated by Gyudy, an honourable mention goes out to: Laura (Laura London Blog) who has truly become a blogging buddy.
All items featured in this post were purchased by the author unless otherwise noted. Any products or services provided as PR will be marked with an asterisk "*". This website uses Skimlinks and this post may contain affiliate links.