The Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging SPF 25 cream is a moisturizer/sunscreen hybrid designed to fight the signs of aging and boost moisture levels, delivering a younger-looking, healthy complexion. It is formulated with raspberry stem cells, an ingredient which Origins claims to: help to improve skin firmness, boost moisture levels, and safeguard skin from aging UV damage. It is a chemical sunscreen which offers broad spectrum protection (Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.7%) and is formulated without parabens, sulfates and phthalates.
I tested this product as part of my Summer Essential SPF Series. It is a fairly light-weight cream that has a pleasant, sweet/herbal, non-sunscreen type smell. Those of you who do not like the “traditional” smell of products containing sunscreen may want to have a sniff if you are in the market for a higher end moisturizer/sunscreen. The Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging SPF 25 cream absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving no obvious white/grey cast.
After using it for about three weeks, I have not noticed any major difference in my skin in terms of anti-aging benefits. I should also note that my skin has been acting up lately. I’ve been testing out several new products, therefore, cannot be sure which one may be causing the problem. Right now, I’m trying cut one product out every couple of days in attempt to corner the culprit. Anyway, I wanted to make note of my skin situation in this post in case it happens to be this product which does contain plant oils.
- Decent protection for normal daily activity
- Not recommended for use during prolonged sun exposure which will require the appropriate water resistant sunscreen
- No white/grey cast
- Wears well under foundation
- Best for Normal Skin Types (May not be suitable for sensitive skin)
- Cost: High ($56.00 USD/£48.00 for a full size 3.3 fl oz)
- Available Locally: No (In the U.S. Origins products are sold at Sephora, Origins, and Department Stores. In the U.K. Origins is also available widely, including at Boots).
How do you guys feel about Origins as a brand? What are some of your favorite sunscreen products? Have you been enjoying the Summer Essential SPF Sunscreen Series?
All products featured were purchased by the author. All opinion’s are the author’s. No affiliate links. For more information see Disclaimer here.