Posts about trying to use up products are a long standing beauty blogger/vlogger tradition. But I am dedicating my recent efforts to partake in this tradition to Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog because she’s the one who actually inspired me to do it. Also, I like her realistic approach. Foregoing grandiose promises to “finish” a product – she has dubbed her series as Project Make A Dent #projectmakeadent. Which basically means reaching for products that haven’t been used in a while and, well, “making a dent”, I like that! Let’s just start small, shall we?
For my first #projectmakeadent I’ve chosen six (6) lip gloss-type products. My collection isn’t that huge but it’s definitely gotten larger over the past year and my goal is to “make a dent” in these glosses before considering tossing them out. Lip glosses are one of those makeup products that I’m not keen on keeping around longer than the recommended time. Depending on your source, it can be anywhere from 18 months to 2 years. BUT other factors play a part. My biggest concern is humidity which is fairly high here, so now that I’m home, I wouldn’t want to keep a gloss (which is a wet breeding ground for bacteria) for more that 18 months max (probably closer to a year).
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Mirrored Plum (240) (LE): The life span on this one is nearing its end. Mirrored Plum was a limited edition colour, I believe. The formula on these glosses is amazing. Non-sticky, comfortable and decent wear time.
- Elf Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slippers: Approaching the 1 year mark. I love wearing this gloss with nude lips. It’s a little sticky though and I’m not a fan of the brush-like applicator.
- Bite Beauty Lip Gloss in Strange Fruit: When it comes to makeup, I try my best not to duplicate –its one of the few ways I hold myself back from purchases (well, other than the state of my bank account). Anyway, I want a new berry-coloured gloss but I won’t let myself buy one until I finished the ones I have, lol.
- L’oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Lip Stain Infinite Fuchsia (187): Technically not a gloss. This is OLD. I’m not going to lie. It’s definitely getting tossed by the end of the year. But it is such a beautiful colour and the lasting power is amazing, so I’m going to try to get as many uses out of it as I can before then.
- Maybelline Color Elixir in Sandy Sensation (115) (LE): This is not my colour and, unfortunately, my only experience with the Elixir formula. I was drawn in by the allure of the Limited Edition. It’s an OK peachy-beige nude and I’ll try to get some use out of it but it’s not my favorite.
- Hourglass Lip Gloss in Child: I got this, along with Bite Beauty Strange Fruit in the early Summer, so it’s not that old. BTW, that Sephora Meet Your Match kit is still available on Sephora if anyone is interested. Anyway, the nude color is nice and the formula very comfortable, but I kind of just want to get rid of this tiny tube which is so difficult to store.
Wish me luck! Are you guys going to participate in Project Make a Dent #projectmakeadent ?
These products were purchased by the author with the author’s own money. The thoughts and opinions expressed are the author’s own honest opinions. No affiliate links. For more information see Disclaimer here.
All items featured in this post were purchased by the author unless otherwise noted. Any products or services provided as PR will be marked with an asterisk "*". This website uses Skimlinks and this post may contain affiliate links.